Saturday, May 28, 2005

Close call to death

Today I was so close to death, or badly injury.

It happened when I was driving, but it was not a traffic accident.

I was on my way home, about 8:00pm. I was in 琴行街. Waiting for the traffic signal turn green before I can right turn into 七姊妹道. A car was in front of me and waiting for the signal too. Suddenly, a piece of acrylic board dropped from above and landed at the corner. I would definitely drive through the spot it landed if the signal turn green a few seconds sooner X(

The acrylic board was as big as a sewer cover, about 1 cm thick, square in shape. Hit the ground and broke into a few pieces. Seems it was dropped from quite a height. It dropped so fast and I have no idea where it came from.

When the acrylic board fell, a crowd of people was standing on the pavement and talking. Just about 3m from the spot it landed. Much closer then where I was. As it hit the ground, they screamed and ran towards the shop nearby for cover. Luckily, no one was seriously wounded in the incident.


No comments:

Alex's shared items in Google Reader